The Credit Analyst is responsible for researching and analyzing credit risks, assessing credit history and approving or denying extension of credit to potential customers. This associate has contact with other company departments, as well as automobile dealers and other finance and credit sources.
The successful candidate will be able to make sound credit decisions on automotive retail and lease offerings while providing outstanding customer service to automotive dealers
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop sufficient dealer relationships that ensure volume objectives and credit quality.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures
- Ensure all queues are worked to acceptable service levels.
- Working knowledge of consumer credit, including knowledge of credit laws and regulations.
- Sales skills necessary to develop and maintain productive dealer relationships.
- Analyze credit data to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Make decisions to approve or deny the extension of credit within set credit authority established by senior management and state/federal laws.
- Capture automotive finance contracts that meet JM Family and SETF’s profitability criteria for pricing and performance.
The Analytics Department of Southeast Toyota Finance is responsible for providing data driven solutions/insights to help identify areas of risk and opportunity to promote business strategy and objectives. The main areas of analytical focus include risk management, portfolio management, originations, collections, pricing, and marketing. We use advanced analytical techniques (statistical modeling, econometric modeling, data science, and machine learning) to forecast portfolio performance, consumer demand, and operational efficiency. The Analytics Department is seen as trusted advisors to many areas throughout the organization including Collection Operations, Financial Accounting, Pricing, and Treasury.
The Sr. Economist position will be responsible for developing dynamic pricing solutions for SETF’s Retail and Lease portfolios through the use of statistical segmentation and demand modeling in order to optimize buy rates for different business objectives. Other responsibilities will include forecasting workload metrics, operational strategy effectiveness, application/contract volume, and delinquency trends to help origination and collection operations. The position will need to effectively integrate business acumen and strategy to their quantitative forecasts and projections.
- Responsible for providing advanced analytical solutions in order to mitigate risk and optimize portfolio performance through timely, actionable and forward-looking insight
- Tasked with analyzing account level data, creating statistical/financial/econometric models, demand modeling and providing optimized solutions to meet growth and profitability objectives. This would include developing econometric forecasts and optimization solutions in the areas of pricing, originations, and portfolio management.
- Responsible for incorporating overall economic and industry trends/forecasts into their data driven analytics to provide alternative scenarios based on different environmental conditions
- Gather requirements, data and information from internal and external teams to facilitate problem solving and model development
- Summarize and analyze large volumes of data in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Proficient in creating and interpreting strategic and operational analyses, assessing options objectively, and presenting conclusions and recommendations to all levels of management and associates
- Responsible for understanding performance processes (Portfolio, Collections, Losses and Recovery) to effectively implement solutions and analyze resulting process effectiveness of strategies, decision trees, algorithms, models or scorecards
- Prepare reporting according to established deadlines and ad hoc requests, while managing multiple responsibilities
- Develop subject matter expertise on the use of source systems data and metadata