The Accounting Analyst (Securitization Accountant) supports Southeast Toyota Finance's asset-backed securitization (ABS) programs and debt financing in a team-oriented environment with emphasis on analysis, documentation, and compliance.
- Assist the Treasury team with ABS offerings including;
- Review and interpretation of the offering and legal documents.
- Participate in due diligence effort with external accountants.
- Maintain and/or develop specialized accounting and servicing support for ABS transactions under US accounting standards and related regulations including;
- Asset removal based on established criteria.
- Identify items for research within the ABS system and reporting.
- Monitor pool performance for compliance with investor triggers and regulations.
- Prepare monthly servicing reports, journal entries and supporting documentation.
- Participate in annual servicing audits performed by external accountants.
- Review monthly Asset Level Disclosure (ALD) files for issues/completeness.
- Prepare wire requests and reconciliations for daily collections related to public and private ABS transactions and conduit lines.
- Develop understanding of Treasury activities.
- Analyze various general ledger accounts / supporting schedules and reconcile as necessary.
- Participate in special assignments as needed, including the resolution of problems and assistance in the development of new processes and support systems.
Clearly and accurately assist customers by taking inbound calls. Researches, resolves, and documents issues. Prepares professional and accurate written correspondence as needed. Computes payoffs, extension fees, rewrites, quotes, etc. quickly and accurately.
Starting Rate $18/hr.
The Analytics Department of Southeast Toyota Finance is responsible for providing data driven solutions/insights to help identify areas of risk and opportunity to promote business strategy and objectives. The main areas of analytical focus include risk management, portfolio management, originations, collections, pricing, and marketing. We use advanced analytical techniques (statistical modeling, econometric modeling, data science, and machine learning) to forecast portfolio performance, consumer demand, and operational efficiency. The Analytics Department is seen as trusted advisors to many areas throughout the organization including Collection Operations, Financial Accounting, Pricing, and Treasury.
The Sr. Economist position will be responsible for developing dynamic pricing solutions for SETF’s Retail and Lease portfolios through the use of statistical segmentation and demand modeling in order to optimize buy rates for different business objectives. Other responsibilities will include forecasting workload metrics, operational strategy effectiveness, application/contract volume, and delinquency trends to help origination and collection operations. The position will need to effectively integrate business acumen and strategy to their quantitative forecasts and projections.
- Responsible for providing advanced analytical solutions in order to mitigate risk and optimize portfolio performance through timely, actionable and forward-looking insight
- Tasked with analyzing account level data, creating statistical/financial/econometric models, demand modeling and providing optimized solutions to meet growth and profitability objectives. This would include developing econometric forecasts and optimization solutions in the areas of pricing, originations, and portfolio management.
- Responsible for incorporating overall economic and industry trends/forecasts into their data driven analytics to provide alternative scenarios based on different environmental conditions
- Gather requirements, data and information from internal and external teams to facilitate problem solving and model development
- Summarize and analyze large volumes of data in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Proficient in creating and interpreting strategic and operational analyses, assessing options objectively, and presenting conclusions and recommendations to all levels of management and associates
- Responsible for understanding performance processes (Portfolio, Collections, Losses and Recovery) to effectively implement solutions and analyze resulting process effectiveness of strategies, decision trees, algorithms, models or scorecards
- Prepare reporting according to established deadlines and ad hoc requests, while managing multiple responsibilities
- Develop subject matter expertise on the use of source systems data and metadata